Children’s Dentistry in Lincoln, NE:
It’s Closer Than You Think
Even though we aren’t pediatric dentists, we still truly love providing dental care for kids! Inspiring children is one of our favorite things to do and because finding a dentist for children in Lincoln, NE can be challenging, we’ve decided to help.
In our article we’ll cover the following commonly asked questions and more:
-What should I look for when choosing a dentist for children near me?
-How can children’s poor dental care affect their health?
-What is a pediatric dental emergency?
-How do I choose a dentist for children and my family?
Make Life Easier: Find A Family Dentist for Children in Lincoln, NE
At Nebraska Family Dentistry in Lincoln, NE, we accept patients of all ages. If you are searching for a “gentle dentist in Lincoln, NE” or “pediatric dentistry near me in Lincoln,” we have seven locations throughout the city that provide dental care to your child no matter their age.
At Nebraska Family Dentistry, we know that many adult patients who have dental anxiety have had negative childhood experiences in the dental office. It is vital to create positive experiences for kids – especially for all children with dental anxiety in Lincoln, NE, which will help ensure that they are comfortable receiving treatment as adults.
At Nebraska Family Dentistry, our children’s dentists are gentle, friendly, and enthusiastic about working with kids. We love children and pediatric dentistry in Lincoln, NE is one of our many passions. We are passionate about educating kids and parents about how to care for “little teeth” and strive to keep all children’s smiles healthy for a lifetime.
So, if you’re on the hunt, spend a little extra time to search and find “a dentist for children near me in Lincoln, NE” – You’ll be glad you did!
Finding a Friendly Dentist for Children in Lincoln, NE
There are many options available for a “children’s dentist near me” and “pediatric dentistry in Lincoln, NE,” but the bottom line is that it is crucial to find a provider that both you and your children are comfortable seeing.
At Nebraska Family Dentistry, we are skilled in creating a friendly and positive atmosphere for you and your child(ren). Staying consistent with routine cleanings and check-ups will not only help improve your child’s health, but will ensure they feel comfortable in the dental office.
The Importance of Dental Care and Seeing Dentist for Children in Lincoln, NE
Children’s oral health is important and having healthy teeth will help keep the entire body healthier. The CDC (Centers for Disease Control) reports that tooth decay is the most common infectious childhood illness in the US. Cavities in children not only affect the teeth, but harbor harmful bacteria in the mouth. These bacteria can enter the bloodstream and lead to serious health complications if left untreated.
Regular check-ups with your “Lincoln, NE children’s dentist near me” will improve your child’s overall well-being not to mention it will help identify and treat any dental problems. Likewise, it is beneficial for educating parents and kids about how to care for their teeth and develop good dietary habits.
Lunch Box Joke Collection for Kids
Dentist for Children in Lincoln, NE on Common Pediatric Dental Emergencies
Pediatric Dental Emergency:
Advice on Knocked Out Tooth
Try to retrieve the tooth if it is possible. If it is a baby tooth, place it in a container of milk, salt water or the patient’s saliva. If these are unavailable, use water.
Is this a permanent tooth? Take care not to touch the root and carefully insert the tooth back in place. See a children’s dentist in Lincoln, NE immediately or search for “a dentist for children near me in Lincoln, NE”.
Pediatric Dental Emergency:
Advice on Broken Tooth
Gently clean dirt or debris from the injured area with an antiseptic oral cleanser. Place an ice pack or cold compress on the face in the area of the injured tooth to minimize swelling.
If the tooth has created a sharp edge, cover with paraffin (wax) to prevent lacerations to the gums or cheek. See your local children’s dentist in Lincoln, NE immediately.
Pediatric Dental Emergency:
Advice on Toothaches
Rinse mouth with warm water. Use dental floss to remove any food trapped between the teeth, then rinse. If there’s swelling, place an ice pack or cold compress on the outside of the cheek (20 minutes on, 20 minutes off).
Do not use heat. An aspirin or aspirin substitute may be taken orally to relieve discomfort. Do not place directly on gum tissue as this may result in a burn. See your local children’s dentist in Lincoln, NE as soon as possible.
Curious About Additional Topics Relating to Pediatric Dentistry in Lincoln, NE?
Our gentle dentists for children in Lincoln, NE are well versed in caring for kids!
- As a parent, you know that thumb-sucking and pacifier habits can be hard to break. Finding a dental provider that offers pediatric dentistry is crucial to ensuring your child develops a healthy smile. In addition, these same dental professionals can also offer ways to help and let you know the appropriate age to take away pacifiers.
- Are you looking for FREE educational materials for pediatric oral health? Our dentist for children in Lincoln, NE and dental professionals love educating children and teenagers on the importance of dental health. Want to schedule an in-school visit? Please contact our main office at (402) 467-1000 – we’d love to come and share our tips for a healthy smile.
- How much sugar is too much? Children’s dentistry in Lincoln, NE is crucial to your little one’s oral and overall health and our dentist can help you learn more about the sugar and inflammation connection in children.
- “Are milk products good for your teeth?” Pediatric dentistry in Lincoln, NE encompasses not just dentistry, but healthy eating, too! Everything we eat and drink plays an important role in our overall health and our dentist for children in Lincoln, NE wants to help you learn.
- Our parents may have had their own way of treating ailments, but is there any truth to the oral health myths you might have heard? Whether you’re looking for emergency “pediatric dentistry near me in Lincoln, NE,” a gentle family dentist, or a way to treat a minor ailment at home, you’ve come to the right place.
CAQs for Children’s Dentist in Lincoln, NE
What causes bad breath in kids?
What are some home remedies to help get rid of bad breath?
Why do they put caps on baby teeth?
Are crowns necessary on baby teeth?
Do silver crowns contain mercury?
What are sealants for teeth?
Are dental sealants safe for children?
When should my child get sealants?
When my children come to the office I do not want them to have any Fluoride. Is that okay with your children’s dentist?
Are sealants worth it?
Can sealants come off?
Do pacifiers ruin baby teeth?
What to do for teeth grinding in children? Is there a children’s dentist near me that can help?
What is the top toothpaste for getting rid of bad breath in kids?
Where can I find a dentist for children and families near me in Lincoln, NE?
Nebraska Family Dentistry Children’s Dentist and Education in Our Community
All year long, in addition to February, which is National Children’s Dental Health Month, we take time to teach children about good dental habits that will contribute to a lifetime of healthy smiles.
Health Oriented Community Events Related to Pediatric Dentistry
in Lincoln, NE from
Nebraska Family Dentistry!
Kid’s Dental Health Presentations
- Our dental professionals make school visits to educate kids on the importance of dental health.
Kids Health Fairs
- We attend health fairs to ensure we spread the message about teeth and gum health – and to do so, we offer FREE Kindergarten Check-ups in Lincoln, NE.
Candy Buy Back Program
- Our annual Lincoln, NE candy buy back program at Nebraska Family Dentistry not only helps kids learn the power of keeping teeth clean, but it also lets children earn some extra money.
Tooth Fairy Visits
- We offer education to daycare centers to educate caregivers and youngsters on the importance of dental health.
We truly believe that attitudes and habits established at an early age are critical in maintaining good oral health throughout life.
To spread oral health awareness, we attend health fairs to provide education, offer school visits with interactive presentations, and participate in community work all year long to motivate children to take care of their smile!
The information on this page was written by Dr. Jon Isaacson
This gentle Lincoln, NE dentist says: “I love creating beautiful, healthy smiles. I always knew that I wanted to do something to help people. It was a tough decision between medical school and dental school, but because I have always enjoyed being creative and using my hands and had a strong desire to interact personally with my patients, I knew dentistry was for me.
Being able to see patients on a routine basis makes dentistry different from many other areas of medicine. I also love pediatric dentistry – Kids are so much fun and I love creating a positive, fun atmosphere for them.“
You can schedule with this Lincoln, NE dentist, or her partners, online 24/7 at a Nebraska Family Dentistry Location near you. This children’s and family dentist serves the local communities close to Lincoln. Some of the communities include Waverly, Davey, Raymond, Garland, Ceresco, Greenwood, and Malcolm, Roca, Bennet, Firth, Crete, Hickman, and many more!
Affordable Dental Care
Make easy, affordable payments for your procedure with dental payment plans we offer.
Schedule Day or Night
Schedule your dental appointment anytime, day or night, with our online scheduling tool.
We have 7 Locations in Lincoln, NE!
- Lincoln Family Dentistry – Central Lincoln
- South Lincoln Family Dentistry – South Lincoln
- Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry – Northeast Lincoln
- Preserve Family Dentistry – East Lincoln
- Coddington Dental – West Lincoln
- NorthStar Dental – North Lincoln
- SouthPointe Dental – Southwest Lincoln
- Lincoln Dental Plans – Affordable Dental Options
Nebraska Family Dentistry has multiple Lincoln Dental Clinics!
Choose a “dentist near me” location that is convenient for you.